Sylvester’s Haven rescued Neko from the Carson shelter in April 2016. Neko was dumped there by his owners of seven years. Unbelievable. He was sad and confused. Neko could barely move. He was dragging his hind legs and was erroneously diagnosed with degenerative myelopathy (DM) – a death sentence. This happened first at the shelter and subsequently at two regular veterinarians we took him too after we saved his life literally one day before it was too late.
With lots of love, care, special nutrition and supplements and physical therapy Neko got better and better, which was unusual for his condition. We decided to take him to a specialist and the Neuro- and orthopedic surgeons recommended an MRI as they did not believe Neko had DM given his improvements. The MRI showed Neko had intervertebral disc disease type 2; which is basically a degeneration of the discs.
Neko recently underwent surgery for this condition and is presently recovering. We need help covering his ongoing medical care, and upcoming physical therapy. Neko is strong and in good spirits. Please help if you can.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.
- Hydro therapy treatments for mobility every two weeks ($200 per month)
- Acupuncture for inflammation every two weeks ($200 per month)
- Barf diet (raw food) ($200 per month)
- Sanus Biotex targeted supplements for degenerative myelopathy ($70 per month)*
- Noni fruit leather for immune support and natural parasite protection ($30 per month)
- Medicinal mushrooms for support of the immune and nervous system ($70 per month)